Happy November, this time next month I’ll be thinking about getting my Christmas tree up :). October was a quieter month on the blog in general, but that’s ok as I had a lot going on in my personal life with my son’s birthday and my husband getting a new job. I’m still really pleased with how things are going, and just generally enjoying being part of the blogging world. I’m starting to plan for Christmas, which is awesome as it’s one of my favourite times of the year.
- Children’s Book Review & Competition: Through the Fairy Door by Elaine and Laura Nelson
- Lovely Things October 15
- My Daughter Still Doesn’t Sleep Through The Night – Is It Time to Change Things?
- Hello Party Personalised Party Decorations Review and Giveaway
- Banish the 5p Carrier Bag Blues With These Fab Shoppers
Top Things That Have Made Me Happy
- I went to my first every blogging conference – Blog on Win. Which was awesome.
- I had been having a drop for the last 2/3 months in my page views, but they went up again last month – hurrah.
- I am really pleased with the growth in my social media once more following has grown from 460 to 520 on Facebook, from 4000 to 4400 on Twitter and by another hundred to 700 on Instagram – which has been a hundred per month for the last two months, which is rather exciting.
- I have moved up 9 places on the Tots100 after a couple of months of drops in score.
- I have had a lovely Christmas banner designed for the blog – you will have to wait until December to see it though! And some snazzy social media buttons too, which are now live. What do you think?
- My new project with Angela from Daysinbed.com has now gone live. Kids Love to Read which is a monthly linky about encouraging children to read, if you haven’t already it would be fab if you linked up (3rd Monday of every month).
- I have finally got my guest post written for Donna from What The Redhead Said, I shall let you know when it’s live.
- I’ve worked with some lovely brands once more, Scholl, Hello Party and Povey bags.
- Finally I have booked my ticket to go to Blogfest and I can’t wait! I am particularly looking forward to chatting to some of the lovely bloggers I chat to regularly.
- Actually in retrospect maybe it wasn’t that much of a quieter month?!
Things To Focus on in November
I have decided to be realistic about what I can achieve over the next couple of months with Christmas approaching. So I am only going to focus on a couple of things, and make sure I enjoy the awesome time of year with my family at the same time.
- Carry on growing my social media following.
- Organise some lovely festive content for the blog.
- I have started to get a little bit ahead with content and I would like this to continue so in particular Christmas is an organised and not a stressful time.
How about you, how was your October and what are your blogging plans? xxx