My 2019 Goals & 2018 Achievements
My 2018 Blogging Achievements
- Being a finalist in the Mum and Working Parenting Blogger of the Year awards
- Social media growth:
- Facebook grown from 1850 to 2005 (+155)
- Instagram grown from 3400 to 3875 (+475)
- Twitter grown from 11,600 to 13,600 (+2000)
- Spent the year in the Tots100 other than one month
- Continued to keep the blog running despite having an (amazing) baby and being seriously unwell
- Some awesome brand collaborations, a highlight for me was our new sofa from Sofology and a new pram for Bo from Quinny.
- Giving birth to an amazing little boy
- Reading 32 books
- Slowly regaining my health after a ruptured stomach ulcer, and managing to breastfeed through all of it
- Learning to manage and cope as a Mum of 3
- Getting some work done on our new home – decorating the front room, the children’s rooms and a new patio
2019 Blogging Goals
I think in 2019 the blogging well has become a tougher place as there are more and more bloggers in the space, it’s about carving out your own space and remaining consistent. I have also hidden a bit away from video as I much prefer to write, but I think I need to do at least some video, particularly on stories if I want to be successful as a blogger.
I am quite disappointed with my social media growth in 2018, so I was going to put in some monthly plans to break this down. But on reflection what I really want to look at is growing my engagement. Particularly on Instagram, which I have actually started doing and want to continue which will in turn I hope grow my following.
I am debating given that I do have a small baby, so I may outsource some admin work, budgets permitting as the year progresses – I will see how things go. But it is also important to me that I make sure I enjoy my time with him too.
- Social Media Goals
- Grow engagement, particularly on Instagram, my engagement rate seems to sit at around 1% and I would like to ideally grow this to 3% (or more).
- Twitter – grow to 18,000
- Instagram – grow to 5000
- Facebook – grow to 2250
- Skills Growth
- Complete Moolah Facebook marketing course, which I signed up to last year and didn’t complete
- Go on a photography course (booked for April)
- Get to grips with Pinterest
- Complete an SEO review of my blog
- Grow my email database
- Launch a 12 months of gratitude challenge (January’s is already live)
- Be braver with video
- Do more plus size fashion features and grow the lifestyle content of the blog, bringing back lovely things and more posts on our home
- Bring back my monthly Lovely Things feature
My Personal 2019 Goals
- Get back to full health after my stomach rupture last year
- Fit in a little more ‘me time’ as Bo gets older, organising some Mum nights out and trips to the cinema
- Doing some more work on our home, finances permitting, to make it more of our own home. Hopefully looking at the garden and the front room
- Build up our savings account, putting a set amount aside each month and also look at our pension contributions
- De-clutter and get things around the house a bit more organised