August has been a bit of an up and down month for me in terms of blogging because unfortunately my blog was hacked. Which for part of the month had a huge impact on my blog traffic (they were redirecting my traffic to a dodgy site) and also got me a flag on Google until I got the problem fixed and they were able to re-check my site. It also cost my money to fix. But there was also some really great wins, which I’m really excited about.
- Spaceform Keyring Review and Token Giveaway
- Summer Holiday Activities in Bracknell and Ascot
- Why Do Parents Hate the Summer Holidays
- Ben’s Zone: Muscle Acre Summer Madness Review
- Little Muddy Boots Children’s Gardening Classes Review
Top Things That Have Made Me Happy
- Well I was excited about my ratings in July and to be honest I kind of expected them to be a bit of a fluke and go down again. But that didn’t happen, in fact they climbed even higher! My Tots100 rating is #19 and My Hibs is totally amazing at #4. I really am over the moon. I do expect them to go down next month after my hacking nightmare, but I have screenshot the hell out of those numbers!
- I have been chosen to be a Brand Ambassador for a jewellery brand – more to come on that soon.
- I wrote a guest post for Sensory Sensitive Mummy – Guest Feature; Sleep and Bedtime Series
- I was also featured on Push Doctor – Top Pregnancy Tips for Mums to be – Real Mums Give Real Advice.
- I also wrote a third guest post, which should hopefully be going live soon.
- I started my new guest series for every Tuesday – My Five Favourite Books – I hope you have had a chance to read and enjoy it!
- In terms of stats, I have seen the following growth:
- My Facebook has grown from 1030 to 1100 (+70)
- Twitter from 7800 to 8000 on Twitter (+350).
- On Instagram I have gone from 1650 to 1830 (+180)
- I’m really pleased with these numbers, I have worked particularly on growing engagement on Instagram this month.
- I have worked with the following brands: My Rug Store, Little Muddy Boots, Alive! Calcium Supplements, Chiltern Open Air Museum and Spaceform.
Things To Focus on in September
Here are my goals for September:
- August was hard to juggle everything with it being the summer holidays. Now I know I say this every month but I do want to get more organised!
- Dare I say it, the ‘C’ word, but Christmas kind of snuck up on me last year and I would like to be more ready for it this time around. So write a Christmas plan!
- Commenting – I so want to do more commenting and read more blogs. I keep falling so behind on this. So this is a must do.
- My social media goals for growth this month are +250 on Twitter, I want to work on Instagram this month as that 2000 is getting close now, so +170 on Instagram and +50 on Facebook.
- Write another guest blog post and continue to do at least one per month.
- Update my About Me page.
How about you, how was your September and what are your blogging plans? xxx