Well if you follow my blog, you will probably notice there have hardly been any blog posts this week. Unfortunately at the weekend I came down with gastro-enteritis or food poisoning, I’m not sure which and I have to say it is the most knocked out I have been with an illness in a long time. For at least 3 days I was barely able to do much more than curl up on the sofa and quite frankly not be a great parent! On the 4th day I decided I needed to get the children out the house, we walked to the local park and I must have looked so awful as a Mum very kindly offered to push Aria on the swing for me so that I could sit down. So I just needed to put myself and my children first for a week and focus on getting better.
If you link up to my monthly linky Lovely Things, it will be a week late and will go live next Monday – 11th instead.
- Kids Love To Read #5 & Giveaway
- My Daughter, Sleep Deprivation & When It’s Time To Ask for Help
- Lovely Things #12 – March 2016
- Flapjacks, Heartland, #LittleLoves February 2016
- Ben’s Zone – Luminette Light Therapy Glasses Review
Top Things That Have Made Me Happy
- Well, I have been keeping it quiet until all of the details were fully confirmed as I didn’t want to jinx myself, but I think the most exciting thing for me is that in a couple of weeks my family and I are off to Nice to review some apartments for the blog and I am super excited about this! Actually that is probably an understatement!
- I have been nominated for three MADS – a huge thank you to anyone who has nominated me. I am utterly thrilled. I very much doubt I will be shortlisted, but to be nominated really means a lot.
- I had some extra design bits done on my blog – do you like my new category buttons? A blog post to come on that soon – as I said behind at the moment!
- In terms of stats, I have seen the following growth:
- My Facebook has grown from 760 to 800 (+40).
- Twitter from 6000 to 6600 on Twitter (+600).
- On Instagram I have gone from 1100 to 1200 (+100)
- My domain authority took a huge leap, up 7 points which I’m delighted about to 33.
- Here’s how I did with my goals from March:
- Finally finished updating all my information and linky pages
- Written a guest post for The Mumington Post – details to come soon.
- My big fail was growing my Twitter to 7000 from 6000, I guess I was a bit ambitious on that one. But I am doing some work with another blogger who might be able to help with that one, so watch this space 🙂 .
Things To Focus on in April
Here are my goals for April:
- Ok so I want to hit 7000 Twitter followers, 1300 Instagram and 850 Facebook. I think Facebook will be my biggest challenge.
- Finish updating all of my new categories inline with my new designs.
- Commit to another guest post.
- I am also doing some work with some other bloggers where we are coaching one another, swapping strengths and weaknesses, so I am really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into that!
How about you, how was your March and what are your blogging plans? xxx