February has been all full of the crazy for me with my husband being pretty away for most of it and my daughter seems to have gone on sleep strike too! Actually my daughter’s sleep patterns have had a serious impact on me, only yesterday after some advice from my sister, I called and asked the health visitor for help and they were great and given us a referral to a sleep specialist. So I am hoping they can help and things will get a bit better. More sleep equals happier Laura!
- Five Years Ago – The Day We Weren’t Sure Would Ever Happen
- Blind Frates & Friends You’ve Never Met Before
- Kids Love to Read #4 and Giveaway
- My Thoughts on Parent Toddler Spaces
- When Daddy Travels With Work Part Two
Top Things That Have Made Me Happy
- I think the most exciting for me as I have taken on my first freelance marketing and social media work for a brand. I worked for years in marketing, so I’m really enjoying dipping my toe back into it and flexing those marketing brain muscles again. It’s only for 2/3 hours a week which is a nice balance around family life too.
- In terms of stats, I have seen the following growth:
- My Facebook has grown from 700 to 760 (+60).
- Twitter from 5400 to 6000 on Twitter (+600). I go excited when I crossed the 6000 mark!
- On Instagram I have gone from 1000 to 1100 (+100)
- My domain authority stayed the same for the third update running at 26.
- I think some of my monthly goals may be a little ambitious given my time, so for the second month I didn’t complete all of them, so this month I have decided to make them a little more modest.
- Here’s how I did with my goals from February:
- I achieved all of my social media targets. Which I am really pleased with.
- I have nearly finished updating all of my information and linky pages – one more to go!
- I have started writing a guest post, I just need to finish it (it’s about 2/3 written).
- My other two plans of joining two more linkys and doing lots of work on Pinterest didn’t really happen. But do you know what, that’s ok, I’m surviving on about 4 or 5 hours sleep at the moment and my blog is still doing really well and life is about priorities.
Things To Focus on in March
For March I am going to keep things simple!
- I’m really pleased with my social media growth, but for March I am going to focus on just one – Twitter. I have been talking to another blogger who has been giving me some tips on growing my Twitter, and she has suggested a challenge of 1000 followers in a month. I know I said I was going to keep it simple, but I want to have a go at this one and see how I can do.
- Update my last information page.
- Finish my guest post.
- Update all of my categories ready for the design work that the lovely Ellie Illustrates is doing for me. I’m so looking forward to seeing this!
How about you, how was your February and what are your blogging plans? xxx