Whenever I write these posts I seem to start it with this month has been a busy month – but it’s true! My Cambridge Weight Plan business has it’s rocky moments, but I am getting there and it is growing nicely. I’m so pleased with how my blog is going and the opportunities it is starting to give me. And even more amazingly my daughter is sleeping so much better which is making me a lot happier :).
Top 3 Posts
- How You Talk To Children is Important
- On Jamelia and Being Overweight
- Introducing My New Linky and Feature – Weight Lose, or Stay
Top Things That Have Made Me Happy
- I made it onto the Tots100 Top 500 bloggers once more and even moved up another 40 places :).
- We went to Bluestone Wales for the weekend.
- I have finally set up (a basic) Google+ page.
- In terms of social media, I wanted to put a bit of a strategy together. I didn’t quite get around to that, but I have been researching how to increase my following. This month my Twitter following has grown by 400 people to 2600, I’m hoping it might be possible to get it to 3000 in May, we shall have to see! My Facebook page is a bit of a slow grower, but it has grown from 100 to 128, so I need to do some work on that. But overall, I’m happy.
- I launched two Linkys – Lovely Things and Weigh, Lose or Stay, which I’m really excited about. Please do join in, the more the merrier.
- I’ve been doing boring things around SEO – sitemaps, Google webmaster etc and have been rewarded with a 4 point increase in my domain authority – hurrah.
- I bought a new premium wordpress theme for my blog and gave it the first part of its makeover. Which I am so pleased with and I can customise the look and feel so much more.
- You may or may not know but I am a reviewer and editor for www.bookchickcity.com. I have been in a dilemma about what to do, about whether writing for two sites was too much. But after chatting to Carolyn who runs the site, and who has become a very good friend of mine, I have decided to stay but just contribute a little less. And I am really happy with this decision now it’s been made. It is also my 5 year Blogiversary of writing for Book Chick City – I have no idea where the time has gone. Plus, you know books are awesome and I love writing about books!
- Finally, I have signed up for my first blog conference – Blog on Win. It’s not until October which is probably a good thing as my daughter is going through quite bad separation anxiety with me at the moment and she’ll be much older and hopefully more settled by then. I’m really looking forward to learning and meeting lots of bloggers.
Things To Focus on in May
- I totally failed in my plan to organise two guest posts on other blogs to get more involved in the blogging community, so this one to continue into May.
- I would like to do more work on my SEO around meta data and alt tags. Boring but important and also start doing broken link checking.
- I have a new blog series planned and under way which I am hoping to launch next week – watch this space.
- Excitingly, Ellie Illustrates is working on my blog designs this month and I can’t wait to see.
- Finally, May will see Aria’s first birthday and mine err much older birthday ;-).
How about you, how was your April and what are your blogging plans? xxx