Welcome to September’s Lovely Things. I actually cannot believe it’s September already, some mornings I have already felt the slight chill in the air that suggests autumn is coming. Although this week we are meant to have some glorious weather, so I am very much looking forward to that. August has truly been such a wonderful month and I have so enjoyed the time with my family and some very lovely days out. I still cannot believe my son starts school tomorrow.
Summer Holiday Days Out
We’ve had some many wonderful days out this summer holidays. So much so that I am going to write a special post all about them. Because I want to remember them all. They are special memories. I have done a couple of reviews of them so far, our trip to Chiltern Open Air Museum and attending Muddy Boots Gardening classes. Our local area has run fun days every week throughout the summer holidays which has included bouncy castles, falconry, craft and sports and we have been to virtually every one. Add in some days out with cousins and friends, trips to the beach, zoo, local paddling pool and we have had such a fantastic time. Given that my husband has been travelling for 3 of the weeks and I have been solo parenting for that time. I’m also really pleased that as a family we coped really well too.
I think this summer we have been particularly lucky with the weather which helps. Sunny days make this more fun and it means we have been able to spend lots of time outdoors. this summer I have felt very blessed.
We have been debating moving on and off this year, finances permitting. After some debate we have decided not to and stay put where we are a little longer. With this in mind, we decided we wanted to do some decorating and give the house and bit of a face lift. With the amount of travelling my husband is doing with work at the moment, it isn’t really feasible for him to do it and there was no way he could manage anything this side of Christmas. So we decided to get some decorators in to do the work.
It was a bit of a crazy week, my children and I had to live upstairs for most of it. My husband was away too, but I am so pleased with the finished result. We’ve still got some finishing touches to do and then I will share a few more pictures with you all.
A Harry Potter Bangle
I am a very lucky girl in that when my husband travels, he often gets my little gifts. After his latest visit to India, he brought me back this rather fab bangle with a Harry Potter snitch on it. Being a big bookworm and Harry Potter fan, I love it!
That was my lovely things from August – what are yours?
The first Monday of every month I will host the Linky, all you need to do to join is:
– Write about something lovely, be it a new purchase, a favourite item you’ve had forever but want to share, a great book, home decorating, maybe a lovely experience like a beauty treatment or coffee with a friend, new shoes, make-up, handbag, whatever it is as long as it’s lovely I want to know about it! 🙂
– This Linky is open to every type of blogger no matter what your chosen blogging subject.
– Grab the Lovely Things badge and pop it in your post
– Use the #lovelythings hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
– Comment on the host’s post
– Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
– Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
– The linky will remain open for one week
Grab the Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk" title="Lovely Things"><img src="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LovelyThingsV31-e1425478888652.jpg" alt="Lovely Things" style="border:none;" /></a></div>