This is a post I like to write every year, it helps to remind me how far I have come and what I have achieved and I also I like to have some goals to work towards. So here is a mini reflection and goal setting post for the year.
My 2021 Achievements
2021 brought with it lots of surprises. Schools were closed until March, and I found lockdown 3 the hardest lockdown to get through mentally. The weather was bleak, it was cold and it felt neverending. I completed my coaching which was honestly game-changing and I loved it so much and was sad when the 12-week course came to an end. I felt like 2021 was the year of learning more about myself and who I am and shifting my priorities a little. I made a serious commitment to writing my book because that is such a huge life goal for me. In September and October I, unfortunately, ended up really injuring my back, which has left me in a lot of pain daily and having to walk with a stick. It’s treatable, and I am currently waiting on my appointment with a spinal surgeon, but it has massively affected my life for the moment. The combination of factors meant that I needed to work less and smarter in order to balance all the demands on my time.
Here are some of the things I am proud of for 2021:
- Kept my business running, despite the global pandemic and while homeschooling my children
- Facebook grown from 2500 to 2572 (+72)
- Instagram grown from 5880 to 6776 (+896)
- Twitter remained the same at 15,400
- My social media growth was more modest, but particularly on Instagram I have worked hard on improving and being creative with my content and I am in the process of trying to work out exactly what my niche is
- Started doing Instagram reels which seem to be going really well, I was really nervous of doing them, but I actually really enjoy them now and love coming up with creative ideas
- Completed my 12-week coaching course, as I said above it really was amazing
- Finally committed to writing my book, I wanted to finish it by the end of the year, I’m very nearly there are 120k words, but not quite. But it’s still a massive achievement. This is a huge goal for me and I really want to work to get published
- Attended Blogon, it was so good to get back to a conference
- Carrying on to learn and grow things in the garden
- Grown my email database by 300, I’m pleased with this and what to do this more this year
- Did two Rebel Fit missions, and hope to be able to get back to my fitness journey again when my back is better
- Despite the difficult times, I took part in some great campaigns. Mainly from Hello Fresh, Boots, I love the Instagram Reel we did for Bracknell Fostering and Smiggle, then there were also the Stage Coach and Wicked Uncle campaigns.
- Took Aria to her very first West End show
- Read 41 books
- Our family holiday to Wales
It’s hard to set goals a bit when I do not know what is going to happen with my back. Whether injections will sort it or if I might need surgery. But I love setting goals and having things to work towards, so I will set them and revise as needed. Bo starts school in September which will also give me a lot more time too.
Here are a few goals I have this year:
- Finish my book
- Rewrite my book and work with alpha and beta readers to get it the best it can be
- Look to get my book published
- Continue to grow my email database further
- Nail down my niche, particularly on Instagtram and continue to work on being creative with my content
- Look into and go on a Photoshop course
- We have committed to big rennovation plans in 2022 which I am excited about.
- Redecorate our lounge and dining room
- Redecorate our hall and stairs
- Have a new front garden put it
- Get rid of the pond in our garden and replace with a water feature and patio
- Finally make it to Center Parcs which has been moved for two years
- Continue to grow my Pinterest and have a monthly plan for improving SEO
- Continue to work on my personal style and confidence
- After my back issue is resolved work with a clinical pilates instructor to grow my core strength
- Make more time for me and self-care and enjoy some days out in the summer with Bo before he starts school
What are your goals for 2022?