Welcome to October’s Lovely Things. Autumn has well and truly arrived and it actually felt like it was kind of overnight. One day hot and sunny the next day autumn was here. Suddenly I’m thinking about coats and boots and dare I say … Christmas. This month has mainly been absorbed with us all getting used to new routines and some exciting career news, but more to come on that in the next few weeks.
First Days of School and Pre School
September saw both of my children start new adventures. My son started school and my daughter started pre school. I was sad about this and proud of them in equal measures. It’s weird getting used to new routines, a combination of enjoying the freedom to get things done and missing them when they are not here. Aria is only at pre school for two mornings per week so that does pass quickly. It’s interesting things that I thought would be problems aren’t, and things that I didn’t worry about have caused settling in issues. They have both embraced their new adventures though and are doing really well, so for that I am proud of them.
Back in July we decided it was time to buy a new car. After some deliberating we decided on a Skoda Superb estate. There was a really good deal on brand new cars, so we decided to order one and this is the first time we have ever bought a brand new car. It wasn’t due to arrive until October, so I was really surprised to get a call last week from the dealer saying that our car had arrived already and was waiting for me to collect it. I picked it up on Friday and it’s so shiny and lovely. It has a panoramic sunroof which I absolutely love.
A Night out with Hotter Shoes
Just over a week ago I was invited to go to Reading for an event in the Hotter Shoes store. I got to learn all about shoes and I was really impressed with some of the styles and it was also great to meet some great some other bloggers too. I got to take home these fab purple boots too – how cute are they?
That was my lovely things from September – what are yours?
The first Monday of every month I will host the Linky, all you need to do to join is:
– Write about something lovely, be it a new purchase, a favourite item you’ve had forever but want to share, a great book, home decorating, maybe a lovely experience like a beauty treatment or coffee with a friend, new shoes, make-up, handbag, whatever it is as long as it’s lovely I want to know about it! 🙂
– This Linky is open to every type of blogger no matter what your chosen blogging subject.
– Grab the Lovely Things badge and pop it in your post
– Use the #lovelythings hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
– Comment on the host’s post
– Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
– Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
– The linky will remain open for one week
Grab the Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk" title="Lovely Things"><img src="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LovelyThingsV31-e1425478888652.jpg" alt="Lovely Things" style="border:none;" /></a></div>