Welcome to May’s Lovely Things. It doesn’t seem long since last month’s but that is because last month’s was late. If you saw April’s Lovely Things, then you will know that I have now been diagnosed with gallstones, which have now been confirmed by ultrasound and I am currently awaiting surgery. It’s nice to now have an official diagnosis and a way forward too. While my month has been slightly coloured by illness, there have still been some very lovely things to enjoy too.
A Trip to Nice
My family and I were very lucky to be invited to Nice by Nice Pebbles to review their apartments. We had four nights in the fabulous and cosmopolitan city of Nice and such a fantastic time. From the city centre, the promenade, the beautiful blue sea there was so much to love and our apartment was really nice too. None of us wanted to come home and my son declared it his favourite place to go on holiday!
At the beginning of the year I was really touched to be invited to Gemma from A Gem’s Life wedding with some other bloggers. This weekend I drove up to Northampton to celebrate her wedding with the lovely Laura from Mummy Lala and Clare from Sons, Sand and Sauvignon. We had such a fabulous evening, Gemma looked absolutely stunning and it was so nice to meet three lovely bloggers in the flesh who I talk to pretty much every day.
At the beginning of April, my family and I saw two of our lovely friends get married in Oxford. They have had some hoops to jump to get a Visa for their wedding, so I am delighted for them that they finally got their day. Unfortunately we had to leave early as I was so poorly, so I was sad to miss the wedding meal, but at least I got to see them married.
A Yay Necklace!
Back in January I linked up to a new linky Chelle from The Mumington Post has launched called ‘Give me a Yay‘ it’s about celebrating things we do for ourselves, as it is often very busy as a parent we put ourselves to the bottom of the list. The best link up wins a necklace – my necklace arrived last week and I’m delighted with it!
A second handbag for you this month. As mentioned above I went to Gemma’s wedding and I have tan shoes, but no tan bag for my outfit. Which seems a bit bonkers give my bag collection! My husband has put me on a bit of a handbag buying ban – I can’t imagine why 😉 . So I compromised and bought this cute second hand one on eBay.
That was my lovely things from April – what are yours?
The first Monday of every month I will host the Linky, all you need to do to join is:
– Write about something lovely, be it a new purchase, a favourite item you’ve had forever but want to share, a great book, home decorating, maybe a lovely experience like a beauty treatment or coffee with a friend, new shoes, make-up, handbag, whatever it is as long as it’s lovely I want to know about it! 🙂
– This Linky is open to every type of blogger no matter what your chosen blogging subject.
– Grab the Lovely Things badge and pop it in your post
– Use the #lovelythings hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
– Comment on the host’s post
– Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
– Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
– The linky will remain open for one week
Grab the Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk" title="Lovely Things"><img src="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LovelyThingsV31-e1425478888652.jpg" alt="Lovely Things" style="border:none;" /></a></div>