July has been about me re-evaluating my blog/life balance. Before I went on holiday I was blogging every night. While I love it and my blog is as much a hobby as it is a small business venture for me, I realised that something needed to change. I am still blogging regularly but I have taken some evenings back for myself. I was also disappointed because I took a stumble down that Tots100 listings this month. I suspect this is because of my holiday in June. But I have to realise they will go up as well as down and I have to remember why I am blogging too. Hopefully they will go back up again next month. We shall have to see.
- I-size, New Cat Seat Laws and Why Rear-Facing Is Safer
- Baker Days Personalised Cake Review
- Weigh, Lose or Stay
- Lovely Things #4
- Review: Maxi-Cosi 2 Way Pearl Car Seat
Top Things That Have Made Me Happy
- School’s out and the summer holidays are here hurrah! We have already had a couple of nice days out and I am looking forward to more in August.
- I did a fab collaboration with Maxi-Cosi which meant we got sent the Maxi-Cosi Pearl 2 way to review just as my daughter needed one. Which was awesome and it’s a fab product too.
- In fact July has been a great month for reviews and collaborations for the blog. With Maxi-Cosi, The Red Cross, The Appealing Rabbit, Holland and Barrett, The Laser Treatment Clinic, Monkey Nutrition, PK Green and Pure Gym which is really exciting.
- I designed my own blog business cards – a post to come on that next week.
- I have also very nearly finished my Media Pack which I have also designed myself. I don’t think I expected to design as much as I do with blogging, but it is fun.
- I am currently working with another blogger about an exciting project we’re going to launch in the autumn – watch this space.
- I wrote just one feature for Book Chick City this month – The Holiday Book Disaster.
Things To Focus on in August
I didn’t finish all of my to-do list for July, so there are some bits to finish off, but this is what I want to focus on in August.
- Decide what to do about my Weigh, Lose or Stay linky. It actually gets a lot of views , but I struggle to get people to link to it. So I am currently deciding whether to try and think of ways to grow it, maybe co-host with another blogger or just turn it into a feature instead of a linky? On a more positive note my Lovely Things is doing better so I want to continue to grow it.
- Finish my media pack.
- I have organised a guest post – as per last month’s to-do, now I just need to write it.
- Do some work on Pinterest, I realised that I do not post even my own blogs to Pinterest which is a missed opportunity and one to organise in August.
- Get ahead, I have been working on this little by little and not instead of writing posts a day ahead I am 3 days ahead, next I want to be a week ahead and then ideally two weeks. I much preferred to be organised.
How about you, how was your July and what are your blogging plans? xxx