Last year was not really the year I expected it to be. I started the year with a back injury. I thought it to be resolved relatively quickly, but sadly it wasn’t. I had spinal injections which didn’t work and unfortunately, my injury only got worse. As a consequence, I then went on to have spinal surgery in June. The surgery was a great success though for which I am so grateful, but the surgery combined with the pain I was in at the beginning of the year meant that I wasn’t able to do my normal volume of work or achieve all the goals I set. It also left my husband doing the majority of the renovation work we had planned at home. But I am glad for everything I did manage and there have been some awesome things to be grateful for this year.
My 2022 Achievements
There are two really massive things I acheived in 2022 that I am particularly proud of – I finished writing the first draft of my book and I started a new job in September.
Here are some of the things I am proud of for 2022:
- Getting through an incredibly hard time and recovering from spinal surgery
- Huge renovation work in our home (big thanks for my husband):
- New front room and dining room
- Decorated and new floor in the hall
- New front garden
- Got rid of the pond and a new patio in the back garden
- Started a new job as Head of Marketing for Little Muddy Boots
- Finished writing my book – particularly as by the end of my back injury I had to kneel to be able to work on my laptop
- Doing a fantastic social media reels project with The Oracle Shopping centre
- Read 73 books
- Grew much more confident in filming reels and more creative content
- Had two reels that did really well at 12k views and over
- My social media growth has been modest and have pretty much stayed the same with just a 50-follower growth on Instagram but that’s ok
My biggest goal this year is to publish my book. I have set a project plan to hopefully do it by the end of the year, watch this space!
Here are a few goals I have this year:
- Publish my book
- Grow my Tik Tok account – focused on the Book Tok audience to support my book
- Do more regular Instagram content and grow my following – create some different content to Tik Tok with more of a body positive and growing your confidence slant on Instagram
- Develop my skills designing in Canva and see if it is an area I can work in as a freelancer
- Do an SEO audit of my blog and put together an evergreen content plan
- Redecorate Bo’s room and give him a full-size bed
- Organise pots and outdoor decoration for the front garden and new back patio area
- Replace hall carpet
- Sort and de-clutter our bedroom which became a dumping ground during last year’s renovations
- Replace our garden cabin
- Work on a weekly schedule to get on top of housework
- Declutter wardrobe and sell on Vinted
- Start going swimming regularly
What are your goals for 2023?