Welcome to July’s Lovely Things. Lovely Things is a regular feature I used to run on my blog that I decided to bring back for 2019. It’s a bit of a memory journal of all of the things that make me happy each month and a nice way to focus on gratitude too.
I’m a little bit late with this feature this month, the summer holidays are certainly keeping me busy and the end of the term is always a bit of a whirlwind too.
July saw another birthday – my mother-in-law’s 70th birthday. As well as a crazy heatwave and of course as I mentioned above the end of term.
Here are all of my lovely things from July:
- Another heatwave and watching the children have lots of fun playing in the garden in the paddling pool
- Watching Logan perform in his rock school concert. He only started going and having proper lessons a year ago, so he did fantastically!
- Both of my children getting amazing reports, with their teachers saying fantastic things about them, I am so proud of them
- Logan doing exceptionally well at his SATs
- Aria’s ugly bug ball, which parents were invited to attend on her penultimate day of reception
- A barbecue at my parents house and a catch up with my sister and her family too
- My mother-in-law’s 70th birthday and going up for the weekend to celebrate
- Aria finally having her obstetrician appointment to review her gait and posture and it being much better news than I expected
- Aria getting her ears pierced. She was desperate to get them done and I was on the fence due to her age, but she didn’t cry and was delighted
- A trip to Paradise Wildlife park, which you can read all about on my Instagram page, but we went with my parents and cousins and had a really fantastic day
- Having a small design update on my blog
- Going to the wedding of two of my NCT friends
That were my lovely things for July, what did you get up to?