Welcome to February’s Lovely Things. Thanks again to everyone who continues to link up and share their ‘lovely things’ I genuinely enjoy reading about them all. I think January can be a tough month, money is tight, most people aren’t drinking and at least half of everyone (including me) is on a diet. But there is so much to find happiness in, even the little things. This month my lovely things are all about little family moments that have made me smile.
Fun in the Snow & Pottery Painting
My son has been desperate for it to snow for about forever. So one Sunday when we got a dusting of snow, my son was delighted. Although he was soon to discover it’s actually quite cold! We didn’t stay out long, but we went out for snow fun at the local park.
My Grandma’s 90th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. I won’t share too much, because believe it or not she has just got a tablet and Facebook (pretty cool for 90 huh?), so just on case she reads this. But we were not sure what to get her, so the children and I decided to go pottery painting one afternoon and had a lovely time. We’ll have to go again as they both loved painting their creations.
New Dressing Gowns & Aria’s Quilt
Both children had got too big for their dressing gowns, so I decided to treat them to new ones. Aria was utterly delighted with her unicorn one and Logan keeps sneaking out of bed to put his back on at bedtime.
At night time, Aria keeps escaping her sleeping bag, so after one night when she did it three times and also kept using her teddies as pillows I decided it was time for an upgrade. My Mum made her a quilt when she was a baby, but we hadn’t used it until now due to the risk of quilts with babies. So she got her very own pillow and quilt and she just looked so grown up and delighted with it.
This month, I personally do not have a new bag to share with you. I actually think my husband may have a small hissy fit if I bring another one home so close to Christmas 😉 . So instead it would seem my daughter may be following in my footsteps! I got her this gorgeous little Cath Kidston backpack in their January sale. Which she loves and carries about with her with a selection of toys in everyday.
That was my lovely things from January – what are yours?
The first Monday of every month I will host the Linky, all you need to do to join is:
– Write about something lovely, be it a new purchase, a favourite item you’ve had forever but want to share, a great book, home decorating, maybe a lovely experience like a beauty treatment or coffee with a friend, new shoes, make-up, handbag, whatever it is as long as it’s lovely I want to know about it! 🙂
– This Linky is open to every type of blogger no matter what your chosen blogging subject.
– Grab the Lovely Things badge and pop it in your post
– Use the #lovelythings hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
– Comment on the host’s post
– Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
– Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
– The linky will remain open for two weeks
Grab the Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk" title="Lovely Things"><img src="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LovelyThingsV31-e1425478888652.jpg" alt="Lovely Things" style="border:none;" /></a></div>