I’m back again with Blog Love, my monthly feature where I share five blogs that I have loved that month. I missed this post in November, time ran away from me, so this post covers some favourites from November and December.
- My Name is Rachel by Rachel from Rachel in Real Life. This is such a moving post and made the Mumsnet post of the day. As Rachel confesses that she is a recovering alcoholic and is now 21 months sober and what her recovery means to her. A very moving post.
- What Winning the MumpreneurUK Voice Award Means To Me by Angela from Days in Bed. Last month Angela won this award, if you do not follow Angela she suffers from a serious illness and blogs about it from her bed. In this post she explains just what this award means to her. It is an honest post and I am so thrilled for her.
- My Waters Broke in Clarks from My Little Cheeky Monkey and Me. This is quite a funny post about how her waters broke in Clarks. I would have been so mortified too, but the retelling is really quite funny. I love the part where the staff in the staff room carried on eating their bacon butties – go have a read.
- Identical Twins and How To Tell Them Apart by Sarah from Twins Make Five. When I was pregnant with my first child, I quite fancied having twins. Then I learnt the reality of having a small child! But I did always assume as the parent you would just always be able to tell them apart. Not so at first! Go and read Sarah’s post at the funny tricks her and her husband used to tell their twins apart when they first arrived.
- But I Want to Take a Photo by Clare from Sons, Sand and Sauvignon. This is a post about (in my humble opinion) political correctness gone mad. Clare shares her frustration at how she is not allowed to take a photo of her son in his Christmas concert because his school have banned them. If I was in her shoes I would be so frustrated.
Have you read any fab blog posts this month? Please share I’m always on the look out for new favourites.