Weigh, Lose or Stay
Week Twenty Three
As planned, I have had two weeks off and got back onto the diet yesterday. Some days last week I did well and calorie counted, but as the week seemed to draw to a close I got naughtier with my treats. I set myself the goal of exercising once if not twice and totally failed. I have been so busy it has been hard to manage it, and then yesterday and over the weekend I haven’t been feeling that great – I have had a headachy type virus. All excuses I know, I am hoping towards the end of the week I will manage some more exercise and get myself back fully into the zone. But I am back on the diet and feeling positive about it so that’s a good thing.
So time to face the scales. I am on a meal replacement diet, so I know if you go from eating nothing to eating well quite a lot you usually have an immediate gain of 3/4 lbs. I was prepared for that as I didn’t introduce food slowly as the programme recommends. But two weeks off and I have gained 6.25lbs. I was hoping for less, but in comparison to the two weeks off I had for my holiday (when I gained a shocking 10) this isn’t too bad. Am I disappointed with that gain? Totally. But, I also know if I am strict on this diet I can loose it in a week, so here goes.
I knew before I even got my tape measure out that my tummy was going to have got bigger, I actually feel a quite bloated. I blame all the carbs. But I was surprised how much overall they have gone up (+13cm). I think it has been a good lesson for me on healthy eating and how I still have some things to work on in terms of portion control, when I am off plan and of course moving to simply healthy eating when I get to goal. It is a learning curve after all. I am trying to be positive about this, but I have had some low points getting annoyed with myself, but I really do believe there is no point on dwelling. Here’s to a much better week next week.
How have you done?
Diet following: Cambridge Weight Plan (read more here)
Weight lost this week: +6.25lbs
Number of weeks on the diet: 20 (with a few odd weeks off)
Weight loss in total: -24.5lbs / 11.1kg
Total loss this week: =13cm
Total lost so far: -35cm
My goals are:
- Back on plan and back into the zone.
- Get to three stone – and treat myself to a new pair of jeans.
- Then goal weight by Christmas.
- My non scales goal is to get my wedding rings and eternity ring all on one finger. I’ve got two of them on, I just need to fit the third.
I must stress this is open to anyone, you do not have to join in the Linky if you just want to share your weight loss or maintenance stats in the comments, this is totally fine. But if you want to link up that is also fab.
This is a feature that everyone can join in with (including my own clients!). Not every body is on a diet, but they do like to keep an eye on their weight for maintenance purposes. So this is a weekly weigh-in whether you want to lose weight or stay the same.
The more the merrier please join in. It doesn’t matter what diet you are following, dieting is hard whatever route you take this is just about supporting one another.
- Grab the Weigh, Lose or Stay badge and pop it in your post
- You can link up any weight-loss or fitness and maintenance related blog posts each week
- Comment on the host’s post
- Use the #weighloseorstay hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
- Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
- Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
- Linky will be open every Tuesday for one week