Being a blogger is such a personal experience that means so much to so many people. Myself included. It is my little piece of creative space, my slice of the Internet. It has been a slow journey for me. I originally started blogging in 2010 and then put my blog on hold. I then went onto to be a reviewer and editor for book.chickcity.com for five years. But I slowly got back into blogging after giving up work in 2013, and really began to really take it seriously in January 2015. I was tagged by Becky from Cuddle Fairy to explain what being a blogger means to me. So here it is.
This is what being a blogger means to me:
- It is a place for me to be creative, to write, to share and connect with like-minded people.
- I feel like there are days it saves my sanity, gives me adult time and enables me to work around my children.
- It is a learning curve, one I very much enjoy learning. But I have learnt so much and feel like it gives me a place to use some of the skills I had when I worked before I went on a ‘career break’.
- I love reading the comments I receive everyday, every single one I read and try to respond to.
- It has given me the opportunity to work with exciting brands, some of which I had never heard of before.
- It is the start of a business venture, which is immensely small at the moment, but I hope it will grow.
- It also has ended up helping my second business to as a Cambridge Weight Plan Consultant, with people contacting me because they have read my blog. Which is amazing.
- I have made friends all over the world and cannot wait to meet some of them face to face.
- I hope that in years to come I will enjoy reading back through the diary of events I have shared about my children. The little things that I will have forgotten.
- It has become a family project with my husband blogging weekly too and even my son asks me – do you want to take a picture for Facebook or the blog? 🙂
- Being a blogger is a special thing, something that comes from the heart.
I would like to tag the following bloggers to take part if you wish to 🙂 .
Franca from A Moment with Franca
Gemma from Confessions of a Nagging Mother
Jess from Mrs. Puddleducky
What does being a blogger mean to you?