The Eleven Things Tag
I was tagged by Sharon from TeenTweenToddler to answer 11 questions about myself. So here goes..
1. What is your best memory?
Hmm this is a tough one already! There are a few – my wedding day, the night my husband and I finally got together, holding both of my children for the first time, the time I found out I was pregnant with my son after 2.5 years of trying, singing with a full orchestra at university, Christmas as a child, we had some awesome Christmases, and the simple nights when I hug or kiss my children when they are sleeping. I will treasure those forever.
2. What is the most embarrassing thing you have done?
This questions are super hard! Erm there were a few times I was super silly with drink in my early 20s. Going out after work with no food, catching the last tube home (I lived and worked in London at the time) and then knowing I was going to be sick and not wanting to get off said last train, so pulling the window down and puking between the two carriages was not one of my finest moments *ahem*!
3. What is your favourite song?
Gosh there are so many amazing songs out there. But there are a few that comfort me when times are hard – and these are Smile by Nat King Cole and You’re Not Alone by Seal. I also adore pretty much anything sang by Maria Callas.
4. Where is your favourite holiday destination?
As a family we go to Cornwall a lot, which is a lovely place in the country. But as a couple my husband and I have had two amazing holidays – to Barbados and to Canada.
5. Where is your dream place to live?
I love the UK, and would not want to live abroad. I am a homebody and like being reasonably near to my friends and family. I would just like a bigger house (with a cleaner) and if we’re talking crazy wishes it would also have its own indoor heated pool.
6. What were you like as a teenager?
I was boringly pretty good teenager. I was diagnosed with an reasonably serious illness when I was eleven and grew up quickly. Because of that I didn’t really have the big rebellious phase against my parents like my sister did. Although I did sneak to a night club a couple of times.
7. Are your kids like you were at their age?
I don’t really know as my children are still very young, so as yet I do not have any memories of being that age. I have seen pictures of me as a baby and my daughter very much looks like I did then. I see my personality traits particularly in my son and sometimes my words come out of his mouth!
8. If you had one last meal, what would it be?
Everything I could get my hands on?! Seriously….
Deep fried Camembert
Cabonara with chips – because I love chips and this is my last meal oh and a side order of avocado and tomato salad
Chocolate brownie hot fudge sundae
A bottle of Bollinger or three.
9. Have you ever done anything you wish you hadn’t?
There’s not one catastrophic thing that sticks out to me. But there are lots of everyday things that I wish I hadn’t done like driving like an idiot and reversing into a lamp post. I hate it when I lose it on occasion and shout at the children or my husband.
I made some decisions when I was young and climbing the career ladder (I was very driven) that I would do differently now. But I guess, I also had to do them to learn from them and become the person I am.
10. Fruit or veg?
11. How many children do you have?
I have two children and three and a half year old son and a one year old daughter.
My Tags & Questions
Ok, so it is my turn to nominate some people – so if you would like to join the fun then I tag:
Trista from Domesticated Momster
Stevie from A Cornish Mum
Rachel from Parenthood Highs and Lows
Becky from Cuddle Fairy
And here are my eleven questions for you, bear with my I have gone a little creative with some as I thought it would be fun……
- You’ve won a new life to somewhere amazing, no costs spared – where would it be and who would you take with you?
- If you could cure one disease in the world what would it be?
- Shoes or handbags?
- Which famous person would you be tempted to have an affair with?
- What is your all-time favourite film?
- And your all-time favourite book?
- Would you ever have plastic surgery?
- What is the best thing about being a parent?
- What is the reason behind your blog name?
- If you were a super hero what would your super power be?
- If you could wear one outfit for the rest of your days, what would you choose?