My 2017 Achievements & 2018 Goals
I think it’s fair to say I didn’t do too well against my goals I set last year. Which is a shame as I did much better the year before. But I also need to remember that last year we also moved house that was much more time consuming than I could have ever anticipated and despite all of that I am still proud of all my blog achieved in 2017.
I also need to remember when I am setting my goals for next year, that I am due to have a baby in early June so this is going to somewhat hamper what I can achieve. So my main goal over this period will be to keep the blog running and keep a nice balance.
My 2017 Achievements
- Social media and domain authority:
- Grown my Facebook page from 1450 to 1850 fans (+400 – goal was 2500)
- Grown my Twitter following from 9250 to 11,600 (+ 2350 goal was 15,000)
- Grown my Instagram following from 2400 to 3400 (+1000 goal was 5000)
- Maintained a Domain authority between 34-37.
- Spent the year in the Tots100 of top 100 parenting bloggers – with the exception of December where I was #106, which I am still pleased with.
- Became Books Editor for BritMums.
- My blog has grown to be my main source of income and I have earnt my most profitable collaboration to date, which is really exciting.
- I have worked with some brands on repeated occasions, which I am really proud of and means they are happy with the content and partnership.
- I am really pleased with how my photography has grown and think it has got better as the year has progressed.
- I have been shortlisted for the Mum and Working Business awards in the Working Parent Blogger awards which I am delighted about.
My 2018 Blogging Goals
- I have signed up for the MOOLAH Facebook marketing course, so to complete this and improve my Facebook page.
- I would also like to do a Photography course if I have time around the arrival of our new baby.
- With a new baby due in June, I have to admit a part of me is worried how I’m going to juggle it all! So my main goal is to effectively juggle everything and get the balance right. Organise content in advance so I can take a break when the baby arrives.
- This was much better throughout the year but went a bit to pot at Christmas – but get a good balance between commercial and personal posts.
- Get Social
- So I didn’t achieve any of my social media goals for last year. So I am going to keep last year’s goals and hopefully achieve them this year.
- Grow my Facebook page to 2500.
- Grow my Twitter to 15,000.
- Grown my Instagram to 5000.
- Get to grips with Pinterest – this has been on my list for two years, so I’m not doing very well on this. But for the next 3 months, I am working with Jam Sandwiches who is hopefully going to kick start my account once and for all.
- Continue to make a regular income from my blog.
- To organise more guest posts, I started quite well at the beginning of the year but declined towards the end of the year.
- Launch a new blog series about living in Bracknell.
- Do some SEO work on my blog and improve traffic.
- Again, one from last year that I didn’t manage!
- Grow my email subscribers list.
- Set up a weekly email with Mail Chimp, rather than using the standard wordpress one.
So let’s hope I can manage it all this year!
What plans do you have for 2018?