Welcome to August’s Lovely Things. July seemed to have gone past so fast, I think perhaps it didn’t help as my husband was away for two weeks of it with work, as I think time flies when he is not here as I am so busy. Despite coming back from holiday at the beginning of the month we have had some lovely days, including a visit to the beach and Logan’s last day at pre-school.
Sport’s Day and Logan’s Last Day at Pre-School
July saw Logan’s pre school Sport’s Day and last day at pre school. Just last week I wrote about how I felt he was growing up too fast and my feelings and emotions around that. But I am also so, so proud of my son. This year he did so well at sport’s day, particularly the sack race. And after two year’s at pre-school it is time for him to move on to his next adventure, with ‘big school’ looming in September. We will have wonderful memories of these years and hopefully set strong foundations for his future. Below is a picture of him on his last day.
A Day Trip to West Wittering
Just over a week ago, making the most of the heatwave we were having, my group of NCT friends and I decided to head down to the beach together. I’ve made such lovely friends through my NCT and will always be grateful for that. We went to West Wittering, it was my first time there, which was about an hour and a half drive from us. The weather was glorious and the children had such a wonderful day playing together in the sand and sea we really couldn’t asked for better. We had such a fabulous time.
A New Car
Super exciting we put a deposit on a brand new, never been owned by anyone else before car. This is something we have never done before. I think the newest car we have ever bought was 6 months / a year old. It was a combination of exciting and daunting choosing the options and model we wanted. I have a blog post coming up on it in the near future. We now have to wait patiently for the car to be built as it won’t be ready until October.
A Handbag in the Sale
You know what I am like about handbags, and even though I am meant to be trying to buy less the sales are a dangerous time! My day to day staple is a cross body bag and now I have my lovely new camera, I wanted a slightly bigger one to fit my camera in so I could take it with me wherever I went. So I went onto the Radley sale and saw this fab fun black tassel bag and I couldn’t resist.
That was my lovely things from July – what are yours?
The first Monday of every month I will host the Linky, all you need to do to join is:
– Write about something lovely, be it a new purchase, a favourite item you’ve had forever but want to share, a great book, home decorating, maybe a lovely experience like a beauty treatment or coffee with a friend, new shoes, make-up, handbag, whatever it is as long as it’s lovely I want to know about it! 🙂
– This Linky is open to every type of blogger no matter what your chosen blogging subject.
– Grab the Lovely Things badge and pop it in your post
– Use the #lovelythings hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
– Comment on the host’s post
– Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
– Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
– The linky will remain open for one week
Grab the Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk" title="Lovely Things"><img src="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LovelyThingsV31-e1425478888652.jpg" alt="Lovely Things" style="border:none;" /></a></div>