Welcome to July’s Lovely Things. What a lovely month June was, with us spending two weeks of it in Cornwall enjoying a family holiday. Nothing beats family holidays. I spent the early part of June recovering from my surgery, but I feel completely back to normal now, and just have 3 small pink scars to show for it. Which is great and makes the surgery worth while in the long run.
A Holiday to Cornwall
If you follow me on social media, you may have noticed that I have been quieter that last two weeks than usual. That’s because we had a family holiday to St. Merryn, near Padstow in Cornwall. In fact, we went back to the same place that we went last year. The weather wasn’t always kind to us, but I think we were luckier than the back home as we did have some sunny days. Thank goodness for wetsuits though!
Holidays are about simple pleasures for us. Visiting little new villages, the beach, sandcastles, books (for me anyway), ice creams, lunches out, exploring, and did I mention ice cream? This year, we were very proud of Logan as he learnt to surf too, you can see a video of it on my Instagram page.
Last year we kind of unwittingly started a bit of a holiday tradition and bought the whole family new holiday hoodies. I think Cornwall and hoodies are synonymous are they not? So we repeated the tradition again this year and it was great fun, all of us going in and choosing the one that we liked. Then of course we needed to take a selfie! I also thought it would be fun to compare last year’s and this year’s pics and see how much the children have grown. Quite clearly the one who has changed the most is Aria.
Holiday Hoodies 2015
Holiday Hoodies 2016
A Beach Hut Bag
Finally what holiday is complete without a handbag? I was a very lucky girl to be sent this bag, purse and keyring to review from Yoshi. I love the colours and the pretty beach huts and I thought what better place to photograph a beach but bag than on a beach? Review to come later in the week, so watch this space 🙂 .
That was my lovely things from June – what are yours?
The first Monday of every month I will host the Linky, all you need to do to join is:
– Write about something lovely, be it a new purchase, a favourite item you’ve had forever but want to share, a great book, home decorating, maybe a lovely experience like a beauty treatment or coffee with a friend, new shoes, make-up, handbag, whatever it is as long as it’s lovely I want to know about it! 🙂
– This Linky is open to every type of blogger no matter what your chosen blogging subject.
– Grab the Lovely Things badge and pop it in your post
– Use the #lovelythings hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
– Comment on the host’s post
– Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
– Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
– The linky will remain open for one week
Grab the Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk" title="Lovely Things"><img src="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LovelyThingsV31-e1425478888652.jpg" alt="Lovely Things" style="border:none;" /></a></div>