January and in fact the first week of February, as I’m a bit late with this post this month, has whizzed by and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. January was a quieter month for me, but actually that was good thing as it gave me time to catch up and take stock after Christmas. But I have been thrilled with my stats this month. I also decided at the beginning of January to try not posting everyday – which I was almost doing before Christmas – as see how it affected my stats in a bid to get a better blog life balance. And I’m really pleased to see that so far it doesn’t seem to have. I will monitor and see how this goes in February.
- Taking My Blog Seriously A Year On & My 2016 Goals
- What Age Should Children Start School?
- Kids Love To Read #3 and Giveaway
- Do We Need To Say No To Our Children More & Our Pocket Money Decision
- How Do You Find Time To Read?
Top Things That Have Made Me Happy
- Life in general was quite general in January as it tends to be. I was really pleased to be included in a Britmums roundup – Blogging Tips Roundup: How To Guides, with my post on How To Create A Sitemap For Your Blog.
- I’ve had a great month for stats on my blog, if you follow that sort of thing, and I can’t help it, but I do!
- My Facebook has grown from 590 to 700, but that was with the help with a competition and some promotion.
- On my other social channels I have gone from 5100 to 5400 on Twitter. On Instagram I’m really pleased to have gone from 890 to 1000.
- My domain authority stayed the same in the last update at 26.
- I have gone up a few spots on the Tots100 from 161 to 157. I would love to make it into the top 100 at some point this year.
- I’ve had a really quiet month of reviews, after the busy pre-Christmas times. However, I have had three sponsored posts so it’s all good.
- From my January goals I wanted to grow my Facebook page to over 600 and my Instagram to 950 and my Twitter to 5300 which I have more than exceeded.
- I have commissioned Ellie Illustrates to do some more design work around my categories which I am really excited about and it should hopefully go live at the end of March.
- I wanted to update all of my information pages and while I have done a lot of this, it’s not completed, so I need to finish that off this month.
- I wanted to research and join a couple more linkys. I joined one more and I have found two more that I hope to join in February.
Things To Focus on in February
I didn’t do too badly in January, but I would have liked to have finished all of my goals. However, here are my goals for February.
- For social media I would like to achieve the following numbers: 750 on my Facebook page, 5700 on Twitter and 1050 on my Instagram.
- Finish updating all of my information and linky pages.
- Write one guest post.
- Join the two more linkys I have found.
- My big project though is Pinterest. I hardly use it and I know a lot of bloggers get a lot of traffic from it, so Pinterest is something I need to get my head around. So in February I want to read and research posts on how to optimise Pinterest and reorganise my boards.
How about you, how was your January and what are your blogging plans? xxx