New Year’s Resolutions – How I Did Last Year & This Year’s Goals
We’re two weeks into the new year, so I thought it was about time I wrote some new year’s resolutions and I reflected on how I did last year. I never really used to do resolutions as I wasn’t really sure what the point was. But I actually like setting myself goals at the beginning of the year even if it is just to see how things have gone a year later. I have already written my blogging goals, so this post is about my personal goals for 2016.
My 2015 New Year’s Resolutions
- Lose Weight & get fitter & healthier. I lost 2 stone in 2015, but I did ideally want to get to goal, but sadly this didn’t happen. I have put some on over Christmas, but I am back on plan now and working my way down.
- Start my own business as a Cambridge Weight Plan Consultant. I did this in February last year and now regularly clients. So done yay!
- De-clutter. A bit of a fail on this one. We have stared on some areas around the house, but there is certainly a lot more work to be done!
- Go back to my singing lessons. Sadly I didn’t manage this. It has been tricky as my daughter is quite a poor sleeper and often won’t settle for anyone but me and I have my lessons in the evenings. And now my husband travels quite a lot with work, but I am hoping to come up with a solution!
- Get more organised. Hmm another work in progress! I used to be such an organised person, but I think after you have children it’s very hard to plan as effectively as you never quite know what each day is going to throw at you!
- Blog more. Ha! Seeing my initial target was one blog a week, I think I’ve succeeded on this one!
- Read more. Another success I read 42 books in 2015, which is 11 books than I did in 2014. Woop!
- Hug my babies lots. I included this because I read somewhere you should hug your children 12 times a day, and also it’s just a nice resolution to have. What I try to do now is even if I am in the middle of something if my children ask for a hug I try to stop what I am doing and give it to them, because time is precious.
My 2016 New Year’s Resolutions
So what are my resolutions this year? As you can see, some are a continuation of last year’s a few new ones too.
- Continue to lose weight and reach goal – I just want to get healthier and stop the yo-yoing really.
- Move house – money and life permitting, we really need a bigger place, particularly now my husband is working from home, a place with a study and ideally an extra bedroom. I really hope we can make this happen.
- De-clutter (for real this time) – see above if we plan to move house, it’s crazy to pay to move stuff we no longer want or need anymore. Also it kind of drives me crazy too.
- Do something with my singing – I hope I can go back to lessons and I love singing so much that I would feel sad if I don’t find time to do at least something with it this year, even it is on a small scale
- Less shouting, more positivity – I struggle with sleep with my daughter and sleep deprivation and I do not go well. I am a person who needs my 8 hours. When I am really tired I tend to become quite snappy and I hate it. So I want to really work on this, sleep deprivation or not, I do not want to be snappy (or become the harpy as I have affectionately named my alter ego) with my family.
- Read 45 books – 4 more books, I can do that …right?