Another month, another Lovely Things, I do so much love reading everybody’s posts about all of your happy and lovely things each month. Please do link up and share the love, the more the merrier :).
October has been a time of big change for my family. As I mentioned in last month’s Lovely Things, my husband has got a new job. This is a big deal as my husband has worked for his old company for eleven years. So he has now worked his notice and done his first week (in the States) and has another week in the States to go. This has been quite an adjustment for both the children and I, as well as my husband and he has indeed been missed. He’ll be travelling a lot in the new role, so it took us a while to make a decision about things, but it is such a great opportunity. So it is a lovely thing, because I am really proud of my husband and it will be exciting to see what the future holds.
Little Man’s 4th Birthday
How could I talk about October without mentioning my little dude’s 4th birthday (you can read my letter to him on his birthday here)? I love organising my children’s birthdays so much. I am one of these people who really does genuinely love buying and giving gifts as much as receiving them. Even more so when it’s my children, I have to be careful not to buy too much!
We celebrated with a trip to Peppa Pig land with one of his very close friends, and a small pizza making party at home on his actual birthday after pre-school. All presents took on a decidedly dinosaur theme, with a few Rescue Bots (Transformers) and digger items thrown in for good measure. We were also sent these fab birthday posters and bunting from Hello Party to review for the party too.
As my husband was working his notice from his old job, he had some holidays days to use up too, so we took advantage in order to have some lovely family times. From using our much loved Legoland season ticket, to lunch out at Frankie and Bennys and playing at the park and cooking fun. Awesome times.
That was my lovely things from October – what are yours?
The first Monday of every month I will host the Linky, all you need to do to join is:
– Write about something lovely, be it a new purchase, a favourite item you’ve had forever but want to share, a great book, home decorating, maybe a lovely experience like a beauty treatment or coffee with a friend, new shoes, make-up, handbag, whatever it is as long as it’s lovely I want to know about it! 🙂
– This Linky is open to every type of blogger no matter what your chosen blogging subject.
– Grab the Lovely Things badge and pop it in your post
– Use the #lovelythings hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
– Comment on the host’s post
– Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
– Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
– The linky will remain open for two weeks
Grab the Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk" title="Lovely Things"><img src="https://www.laurasummers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LovelyThingsV31-e1425478888652.jpg" alt="Lovely Things" style="border:none;" /></a></div>