I was nominated by Clare from Mudpie Fridays for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Thank you Clare. Clare runs a fun family blog with great days out and the balance of motherhood with corporate career girl. The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is passed from blogger to blogger as a way to get to know one another and meet new friends.
Here are Clare’s questions to me, so that you can all get to know me a little better 🙂 .
1. Why did you start blogging?
I originally started blogging years ago, at the time it was just because I thought it looked fun and I have always enjoyed writing. I then went on to review for book blog Book Chick City before coming back full circle and re-launching my blog at the beginning of this year. The reason for the re-launch was the need to have my own creative outlet while balancing my life as a work at home Mum.
2. What is your favourite post to date?
Ooh I really don’t know actually. I have been super lucky in that a few of my blog posts have been picked up, so I will mention them as they have made me proud.
The first would be My Experience of a Cow’s Milk Allergy (CMPA) Baby, this blog went a little viral when I first wrote it and had thousands of views in a month which totally took my by surprise and I ended having to buy a little extra hosting!
My post on Would You Microchip Your Child? got picked up by Britmums which got me very excited and only this week Coming To Terms With My Post Natal Body got put on the front page on Mumsnet which is just awesome. But the most amazing of all is the amount of people who read my blogs about the Cambridge Weight Plan, which also got featured on The Huffington Post.
One of my favourites to actually write was To My Daughter on Her First Birthday and I am really looking forward to writing to my son on his birthday in October.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I wouldn’t have PCOS (poly cycstic ovary syndrome), it brings with it some not pleasant side affects, but one of those is the constant battle to control my weight. I would love to not have to battle my weight day in and day out.
4. What are you most proud of?
Goodness, such a hard question. I am proud of lots of things in my life. For the career that I had, for my marriage and how we have worked through some very difficult times and come out stronger I believe, but most all and as horribly cliché as it may sound I am most proud of my children and they are a true gift.
5. If you were given three wishes what would they be?
Ooh let me see. This is a tough one am I selfish or do I make them all about making life better for everyone? 😉
1. While I do not wish to be super wish to be super rich, I would wish to never have to worry about money again. To have a nicer home and be comfortably wealthy.
2. Abolish all childhood illness and poverty.
3. For my family to be healthy and happy.
6. Which one of your possessions has the most sentimental value to you?
I think it would have to be my wedding rings. But I do have several pieces of jewellery that have a lot of sentimental value to me, mostly pieces my husband has bought for me around different periods in our life.
7. What is your favourite tipple?
No budget? It would have to be champagne… Bollinger – which I actually think I have only tried twice before in my life.
8. What have you been reading recently?
I love reading, it is one of my absolute favourite things to do. I have been on a rock star romance binge recently. I’ve made my way through several series – Amazon one-click for my Kindle can be quite dangerous!
9. Who is your all time favourite artist/album/song?
I can never answer this one as there are so many awesome songs and artists out there that are fabulous for different reasons. I love Maria Callas’s amazing voice and I also love the song Smile by Nat King Cole. But there are artists, albums and songs that have memories for different parts of my life.
10. Share a recent picture of yourself (this is not compulsory)
Here you are 🙂
So now I have to come up with some questions and nominees of my own.
- Why do you blog?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Name 3 bloggers who inspire you.
- Which super hero would you be for a day?
- What is one of your favourite memories?
- What is your ultimate ambition?
- If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would you go?
- What would be your last meal on earth?
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you did?
- What is one of your greatest achievements?
Only if you want to join in of course 🙂 .