Weigh, Lose or Stay
I had a confession last week and I have a confession this week too. If I’m being honest, these last three weeks, since just before the school holidays have been pretty naff for me diet wise. I had lost 4.5lbs in that time, but this week I gained 1.75lbs putting me at 2.75lbs down in 3 weeks which isn’t great given the type of diet that I’m on.
I just seem to have lost my focus and keep ‘accidentally’ nibbling bits here and there and I’m really quite cross with myself about it. I sat down with my husband and had a chat about it at the weekend and at the crux of the matter I am still overweight with an unhealthy BMI and I still need to lose weight. This week I am about re-finding my focus and I am just going to look at things a day at a time, rather than looking at the longer journey for now. I really do want to hit goal, so I need to focus on the reasons why and getting there.
I am now 3.5lbs to two stone goal due to my gain, I am hoping if I really knuckle down I can achieve this next week.
I also only managed 1 workout last week rather than the planned 2 or 3. It was a really busy week with outings in terms of the summer holidays, but this week is quieter so I am planning to do at least 2.
On the positive side the workouts are obviously paying off because although I gained this week, I still lost 2cm off my measurements.
How do you re-find your focus when you’re struggling on a diet?
Diet following: Cambridge Weight Plan (read more here)
Weight lost this week: +1.75lbs
Number of weeks on the diet: 14 (with a week off and I am not including my holiday weeks)
Weight loss in total: -24.5lbs / 11.1kg
Total loss this week: 2cm
Total lost so far: -43.5cm
My goals are:
- 3.5lbs to go now until I reach my two stone goal. Let’s hope that by finding my focus again this is the week I hit it. Then I can buy the pair of pair of new earrings I promised myself when I do 🙂 .
- My wedding rings now fit which is amazing, but I cannot take them up with my eternity ring. So my next goal is to get all 3 rings on my wedding finger. Watch this space!
I must stress this is open to anyone, you do not have to join in the Linky if you just want to share your weight loss or maintenance stats in the comments, this is totally fine. But if you want to link up that is also fab.
This is a feature that everyone can join in with (including my own clients!). Not every body is on a diet, but they do like to keep an eye on their weight for maintenance purposes. So this is a weekly weigh-in whether you want to lose weight or stay the same.
The more the merrier please join in. It doesn’t matter what diet you are following, dieting is hard whatever route you take this is just about supporting one another.
- Grab the Weigh, Lose or Stay badge and pop it in your post
- You can link up any weight-loss or fitness and maintenance related blog posts each week
- Use the #weighloseorstay hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
- Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
- Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
- Linky will be open every Tuesday for one week