Weigh, Lose or Stay
This week was always going to be a bad week, because I had a week off for Aria’s first birthday party and it was my birthday too. The problem when you go from eating very little to eating erm cake is that your body does tend to store weight because it hasn’t been getting any fat previously. You’re actually meant to introduce food slowly. So I knew from experience that it would be a few pounds on this week.
Yesterday morning, I bit the bullet and got back on the scales and I have put on a hideous 7lbs. Some going huh? But I was pleasantly surprised by my measurements which were not as bad as I thought they would be, only +2cm on my waist for example.
So I am back on the diet, focusing on drinking lots of water. I also got a Fitbit for my birthday which I am using to monitor my daily steps. I’m not really setting myself a goal just yet, just monitoring how much I do. Then I am going to look at my daily routine and how I can increase my levels of activity from a base line.
I have two more weeks until I go no holiday, I had hoped to make 2 stone by then, but I am not sure if that is possible now. So I am just going to do the best I can. We’ll see how it goes.
How has everyone else’s weeks been?
Diet following: Cambridge Weight Plan (read more here)
Weight lost this week: +7lbs
Number of weeks on the diet: 6 (with a week off)
Weight loss in total: 14.75lbs / 6.7kg
Total loss this week: +5cm
Total lost so far: 29cm
My goals are:
- My next big goal is to lose two stone – when I reach this goal, I have promised myself a fab pair of hoop earrings I have seen on Stella and Dot – I really hope I can do it by our hols in June.
- Third goal – to get my wedding rings to fit on the correct finger – I did get them on this week woop! I am so pleased. I can’t get them on with my eternity ring, so that it my next goal. But I am very happy with that result.
I must stress this is open to anyone, you do not have to join in the Linky if you just want to share your weight loss or maintenance stats in the comments, this is totally fine. But if you want to link up that is also fab.
This is a feature that everyone can join in with (including my own clients!). Not every body is on a diet, but they do like to keep an eye on their weight for maintenance purposes. So this is a weekly weigh-in whether you want to lose weight or stay the same.
The more the merrier please join in. It doesn’t matter what diet you are following, dieting is hard whatever route you take this is just about supporting one another.
- Grab the Weigh, Lose or Stay badge and pop it in your post
- You can link up any weight-loss or fitness and maintenance related blog posts each week
- Use the #weighloseorstay hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
- Share the love – try and read & comment on 3 other blogs listed on the Linky
- Tweet me (@laurasummers) with your Link up and & I will retweet it to my followers
- Linky will be open every Tuesday for one week