I was tagged quite a while ago now by the lovely Carolyn from Obsessive Blonde who also happens to be a good friend of mine. She also owns Book Chick City a blog I’m also an Editor for, which also allows me to revel in being a book worm! Carolyn’s blog is all about beauty, make up and home if you do fancy stopping by. This is a fun quiz which will help you get to know me a bit more… So here goes!
1) What are you wearing? – Not very exciting today I am afraid as I have been swimming this morning. Next maternity jeans, a stripey top and Birkenstocks because getting shoes in now is getting a bit tricky!;-)
2) Ever been in love? – Yes. I am lucky enough to still very much be.
3) Ever had a terrible breakup? – No, I married my first love.
4) How tall are you? – 5’7″
5) How much do you weigh? – I’m 8 months pregnant, I’m sooo not telling you! Ha!
6) Any tattoos? – No, I’m not sure I could commit to something like that for the rest of my life. My tastes change all the time.
7) Any piercings? – Both ears (twice) and my nose.
8) OTP? – I had to google this, and I thought I was pretty up with internet slang too! One True Pairing for those of you who are as clueless as me. Hmmm that’s a tough one. I can think of more obscure ones from books I love, but perhaps not more mainstream ones. I’m going to be rubbish and pass…
9) Favourite Show? – How on earth do I answer this? I do love a good TV series and like to save them up and watch them all in one go. Vintage shows it has got to be Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Charmed. I am a sucker for supernatural shows. Current loves Grimm, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy, Supernatural, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad (I’m behind and still have the final season to go), wow I really could go on and on. I am more of an American show fan than British though for some reason.
10) Favourite bands? – Couldn’t say I’m much of a band person, I tend to like single vocalists. I know I listen to music my bands, but my mind has gone totally blank. Oh I know, Muse!
11) Something you miss? – I guess at the moment it’s clothes, I love clothes and you kind of have to abandon that love a bit in pregnancy. Also lie-ins, wow I would kill for a night of uninterrupted sleep and a lie-in until at least 9 (yes that’s a lie in). Also as much as I love being a Mum I do also miss time to myself some days.
12) Favourite song? – Goodness there is so many amazing songs. Feeling Good by Nina Simone is awesome, most pieces by Rossini, Smile by Nat King Cole, I love Adele and Florence and the Machine, also Muse. I adore Maria Callas as could listen to her sing for hours.
13) How old are you? – 33, but 34 is fast approaching.
14) Zodiac sign? – Gemini.
15) Quality you look for in a partner? – Someone I can trust, a kindred spirit who you can embrace the good and the bad times together, a person who makes me laugh, who listens and is thoughtful.
16) Favourite Quote? – There are so many good ones out there, but I do like this one:
“You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey
17) Favourite actor? – I tell you what deciding on all of these favourites is hard work! In no particular order: Denzel Washington, Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, Ryan Reynolds and Tom Hardy.
18) Favourite colour? – Purple and pinks. I had pink dip dyed hair for a while.
19) Loud music or soft? – Totally depends on my mood. I have a very eclectic taste in music and listen to anything from Rock, to R&B to Jazz to Opera. So the answer here is both.
20) Where do you go when you’re sad? – My big armchair or my bed.
21) How long does it take you to shower? – It depends, but about 15 minutes roughly.
22) How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? – If it’s just me an hour, with my toddler in tow, he usually is, anything from 1.5 to 2 hours to get out the door.
23) Ever been in a physical fight? – When I was a kid, not as an adult.
24) Turn on? – Funny. Thoughtful.
25) Turn off? – Selfishness and arrogance.
26) The reason I joined Youtube? – Oh I don’t have a YouTube account, but I have been very seriously debating doing some videos at some point in the future. Watch this space…
27) Fears? – Spiders, scary little leggy, fast running things.
28) Last thing that made you cry? – I’m pregnant, adverts can make me cry at the moment! But it was an episode of One Born Every Minute.
29) Last time you said you loved someone? – Today.
30) Meaning behind your blog name? – No meaning! It is just my name, somewhat unoriginal I guess ;-).
31) Last book you read? – I’m in a romance phase at the moment, it was ‘What Goes On Tour’ by Claire Boston, a rock star romance.
32) The book you’re currently reading? – Another romance I’m afraid ‘To Have and to Hold’ by Leigh Greenwood.
33) Last show you watched? – Big Bang Theory – that show cracks me up!
34) Last person you talked to? – My husband on the phone.
35) The relationship between you and the person you last texted? – My husband, I must drive him mad, I’m always texting him random bits throughout the day.
36) Favourite food? – Well chocolate and chips. Totally healthy! Fresh bread I could eat and eat and eat. Diet Coke and chicken.
37) Place you want to visit? – I’d love to take my son when he’s older to Lapland and Disneyland. I would also really like to go to Alaska too.
38) Last place you were? – Well this morning it was the swimming pool, our last holiday was to France which was completely fab.
39) Do you have a crush? – Oh I can be a bit greedy when it comes to celebrity crushes. Vin Diesel, Alexander Skarsgård (aka Eric from True Blood), Jensen Ackles, Charlie Hunman (still gutted he’s not going to be playing Mr. Grey), and I would still fight Angelina for Brad Pitt even at 50 😉
40) Last time you kissed someone? – My son, just before nap time.
41) Last time you were insulted? – I wouldn’t say insulted but I have found when you are pregnant you tend to become public property. I have a rather large baby bump and am being monitored for a large baby, my son was 10lbs so this is no surprise to me. Everywhere I go people comment on the size of said bump. A sales assistant in Mothercare told me I was massive (‘in the nicest possible way of course’ tagged on the end), a lady stopped me in the street a couple of days ago to ask me if I was having twins and was incredulous when I said I wasn’t. My neighbour said I was huge and even looked like I had out weight on my eyelids. A lot of the time I’m not really sure how to respond to these comments, as I know that most of the time people don’t mean them offensively, but at the same time you do feel quite sensitive about it too.
42) Favourite flavour of sweet? – Chocolate, it’s always chocolate.
43) What instruments do you play? – I played the viola up until the age of sixteen. Can’t say I was particularly good at it. But I am a classically trained singer and have had training for over 15 years, continuing this now with lessons every fortnight.
44) Favourite piece of jewellery? – My wedding rings, I also have a beautiful chunky silver Tiffany bracelet with a flower on my husband got me which I adore. Who doesn’t love Tiffany’s?
45) Last sport you played? – Sadly, I’m not the biggest sport fan. There are times when I really do honestly wish that I was. Last sport I did was swimming, not sure I can say I played swimming though? 😉
46) Last song you sang? – It will without a doubt be a nursery rhyme – I have a two year old. But I have also been studying a piece from Samson and Delilah in my singing lessons.
47) Favourite chat up line? – I don’t think I have ever used a chat up line, it probably helps that. I met my husband when I was 18, so I guess I’ve never really had the need.
48) Have you ever used it? – N/A
49) Last time you hung out with anyone? – This morning I met a friend at the swimming pool with a friend and her children. We chatted and our children had lots of splashing fun.
50) Who should answer these questions next? – I would like to tag Gemma at Book Mood Reviews and Cheryl from Dark Eyed Mama as they have both started new blogs recently. Also Donna from Redhead Babyled as I very much enjoy her parenting and review blog. Plus of course anyone else who’d like to do it. Just put your link in the comments and I will stop by and read :-).