The decorations are all away and Christmas is officially over. It’s nice to get the house a bit more ordered, but I do love Christmas so, so much and I’m sad it’s over. I loved the time at home with the family, it was just lovely. I actually really enjoyed taking a bit of a blogging break too, just time for the family in our festive little cocoon. I hope everyone else had a lovely Christmas too?
I wrote about my goals and achievements for the year in Taking My Blog Seriously A Year On & My 2016 Goals. But I think it is much easier to break these down into more manageable chunks on a monthly basis, which is why I am doing a monthly review too. At the moment I am also reviewing the amount of times I post per week, before Christmas I had pretty much got to daily, but I am finding this quite a hard pace to keep up with, at the same time I don’t want my blog to loose the momentum. But I will review things as I go along.
- Christmas Tree World – Blossom Christmas Tree Review
- Is It Wrong To Lie To Your Children About Santa?
- Lovely Things – December 2015
- Goodbye Farley Cat – You Will Be Missed
- Review: Pink Clove Plus Size Clothing
Top Things That Have Made Me Happy
- I took part in a super fun secret santa with some other lovely bloggers which was great fun.
- My Facebook hasn’t really grown in December – just by ten from 580 to 590, but I am really seeing if you want to grow it you have to pay. But I am going to try some promotion in January.
- On my other social channels I hit 5000 on Twitter woop! And have gone from 4800 to 5100. On Instagram my followers have grown from and from 780 to 890, which I am really pleased with.
- My domain authority went up to 26.
- I am still really happy with my result on the Tots100 I was ranked 234 in November and 232 in December and as of yesterday I am totally delighted to be ranked at 161!
- I’ve worked with some lovely brands – Christmas Tree World, Selfie Clothing, Burn Me On, Pink Clove, Frugi, What Daisy Did and the Drama channel.
Things To Focus on in January
I kept my goals pretty simple over Christmas as it is a busy month and I wanted to be realistic. But I have set myself some tougher goals for January!
- Grow my social media following – I would like to reach over 600 on my Facebook page, 5300 on my Twitter and the biggest growth would be to 950 on my Instagram.
- Update all of my information and linky pages.
- Refocus all of the categories on my blog and do some work on blog’s brand. Commission a few more design elements to go with this.
- Research and join a couple of theme based linkys.
How about you, how was your December and what are your blogging plans? xxx