We’re half way through the year already, after you have children, life just seems to fly past in a flash. May saw mine and Aria’s birthdays which was fun. I love birthdays! It’s strange my blog seems to be doing really well in terms of engagement and my social media following growing, but May was quite a low month in terms of traffic. I have decided not to get too worried about it and be pleased as engagement is more important. Quality over quantity as they say!
Top 3 Posts
- Weigh, Lose or Stay
- To My Daughter on her First Birthday
- Are Friend’s Facebook Businesses Really Such a Bad Thing?
Top Things That Have Made Me Happy
- The BIGGEST thing is my new blog design is live and I’m so, so happy with it. It was most definitely worth the wait. You can read more about it here.
- I moved up a massive 124 places on the Tots100 Top 500 bloggers, actually putting me in the top 300. I keep wondering if it’s a fluke, I guess we’ll see next month, especially as my traffic was down in May.
- I also joined the Parent Blogger Leader Board and last week was ranked at number 231.
- My social media followers have grown nicely – I’m over 2900 on Twitter now (from 2600), my Facebook page which is the hardest to grow hit 160 (from 128). My instagram following is over 360 now too. So all fab progress and it has also caused my Klout score to increase. Happy days.
- I have launched a new Blog series – Inspiring Parents. And I cannot wait to share all of the different parents’ stories with you that I have been talking to. If you would like to be involved too, then please drop me a line.
- I managed to finally organise two guest blog posts which I have been trying to organise myself to do for two months. They will be published in June.
- I’m was also really touched to be mentioned in Rachel from Parenthood Highs and Lows blog post about her Lovely Things this month when she thanked me for my support with her weightloss and said that I was one of her lovely things, which made my day :-).
Things To Focus on in June
- We’re going on holiday for two weeks in June, so I am pretty sure I am not going to achieve a huge amount this month. But that’s ok, because you know… holiday. I have got some really fab guest bloggers lined up for when we’re away which is rather exciting. Watch this space for more details! Because of going away I am going to keep my goals for June small.
- Grow my Twitter following to over 3000.
- Increase the amount of regular sign ups to my Linkys – Weigh, Lose or Stay and Weigh, Lose or Stay. I’d love it if you want to join in and link up with me too.
- Do some more work on SEO – around meta data and alt tags – which I am planning to write a blog post about soon too. Probably after holiday now though.
- This one will probably run into July – but put together a media pack.
- Finally, because I am holiday… read lots of books!
How about you, how was your May and what are your blogging plans? xxx