At a wedding last month, some of my relatives were talking about their ‘bucket list’. You know, things to do before they ‘kick the bucket’.
Maybe it’s because I’m younger, but this is something I’ve never really considered before. So I thought, as I’m a lover of lists, that I would give it a whirl.
I don’t mean it in a morbid way, just a fun ten things I’d like to have done with my life before I finally meet my maker.
1. First and most importantly …. become a Mum, a Gran and if I’m really lucky a Great Gran.
2. To become a published author of a fiction book – preferably more than one
3. Have a song or even an album recorded in a professional studio – it doesn’t have to ever be released. I’m happy for it to be just for me and the only person who will ever wear it out is my Mum
4. Swim with dolphins – a touch cliché perhaps, but still…
5. Go to Venice, Thailand, Paris, Lapland, New York, Niagara Falls and back to Barbados again – yes they all count as one!
6. Have a night at the Opera – don’t tell my singing teacher but, while I’ve been learning opera for years I’ve never seen a live, professional performance of one (shhh!). Anyone fancy going with me?
7. Win an acknowledged award for something – not just a swimming certificate
8. Own a beetle cabriolet with customised art work – ok it’s a bit materialistic, but I love them
9. Have a house big enough to have a room that’s my very own library – it will probably never happen, but I can dream!
10. Learn to dance… properly
What about you? What ten things do you want to do with your life? Share in the comments or why not even write your very own blog post on the subject?